Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Question about upgrading retropie to version 3.4

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    quicksilver
    Participant

I see that version 3.4 was just released today. My question is how to update to this latest version. I am currently using version 3.3. Do I update via binary installation in the retropie setup script? Or do I need to wipe my card and do a fresh install of the new version? I apologize for asking a noob question, I tried reading the wiki page but it wasnt clear on this. Thanks in advance!

petrockblog
    Keymaster

3.4 is not officially released. It is going through final testing etc. To upgrade (at any time – RetroPie is in continual development – the image versions are a snapshot of where were are at a current point – https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-setup/wiki/Updating-RetroPie

petrockblog
    Keymaster

if config defaults have changed, you will need to manually merge changes in – eg exiting retroarch.cfg files are not overwritten but new configurations are created called retroarch.cfg.rp-dist

quicksilver
    Participant

So the 3.4 image that was just released today on the wiki page is not an official release?

herbfargus

It’s preliminary as it will be officially released today/tomorrow (pending bugs/fixes etc.) but you can just follow the aforementioned page to update your current build with the latest changes or wait for the image to be uploaded after we finish testing.

quicksilver
    Participant

Awesome, thank you both for the clarification!

hobbswon
    Participant

Where is the release? Because I don’t see any release. Official or unofficial

quicksilver
    Participant
    hobbswon
    Participant

When you follow the link it takes you to the main dl page and there is no 3.4 image

quackwalks
    Participant

Before doing a fresh install with 3.3, I had problems backing up all my scraped images. I used both sselph’s scraper and emulationstation’s which I think use different paths to store the images. What could I do to ensure backing up all scraped data?

herbfargus

I fixed the link. Images are available from github now.

As far as the scraper if you use sselphs scraper from the setup script it places them in the same place as the built in scraper. Those files are now editable over samba shares so they are easy to copy over from the configs folder.

pausuri
    Participant

[quote=114531]I fixed the link. Images are available from github now.

As far as the scraper if you use sselphs scraper from the setup script it places them in the same place as the built in scraper. Those files are now editable over samba shares so they are easy to copy over from the configs folder.

[/quote]

Everytime I try to pair a 8bitdo gamepad on Retropie 3.4:

herbfargus

Update your setup script and try again.

pausuri
    Participant

[quote=114591]Update your setup script and try again.

[/quote]

Thanks Herb, its working now and the pad pairs successfully but EmulationStation doesn’t seems to recognize the pad….

Any fix to automatically starts the connection when I reboot?

Cheers

quackwalks
    Participant

How should I merge retroarch.cfg.rp-dist with the old retroarch config?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Did you make customisations ? If so I assume you know which you did, so you could reapply them with the config from rp-dist. Alternatively you could use a visual diff tool http://winmerge.org/?lang=en

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.