Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Quake 3 and Ultimate Doom PAK/WAD installation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    djdarkx
    Participant

Hi everyone! I’m new to RetroPie and these forums, obviously, and wanted to ask a, hopefully, simple question. I have a CD of both Quake 3 and Ultimate Doom and wanted to install the full version files to my Pi. When I tried that, however, not sure how it was all supposed to work and when I did copy over files, I got permission denied errors.

My specs:
    – Pi 2
    – RetroPie 3.3.1 (SD Card)

If any other info is needed, let me know.

Anyway, my question is, how would I go about installing the PAK and WAD files for these ports? Thanks for your time!

dudleydes
    Participant

Permission denied errors mean your script is not executable. You can fix this by running the following commands:

cd /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/
    sudo chmod +x "Ultimate Doom.sh"

or whatever the name of the script is.

Also check out the wiki.

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Doom

djdarkx
    Participant

Okay, for Doom, that will work out, but for Quake, not so much. Any idea how I could go about getting the full version Quake 3 PAKs to work or to get them installed?

Thanks for the link and the advice, by the way!

djdarkx
    Participant

Nevermind. Was able to get Quake 3 working. Not sure what was different, but I can play the full version with RetroPie just fine now. Again, thanks for the help and advice!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.