Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Purely cosmetic question (command line appearing after Emulationstation)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    wowzer22
    Participant

Hey all,

Have a minor, purely cosmetic-related question for the forum…

After I select a rom from the emulationstation menu I get kicked out to a command line asking me to press a button if I want to choose the emulator manually (which I do occasionally). I’ve noticed, however, in online videos that some people don’t have this, that the emulationstation selection goes directly into the ROM, which looks cleaner.

Is there some setting I have flipped that I’m not aware of that is pushing me to the command line before getting into the ROM? I’ve also noticed that for some ROMs it automatically takes me to the emulator choice screen, even though a default emulator for the system is already set…

Just curious.

Thanks!

herbfargus

it will always show up as it is more than just setting up which emulator each game uses, Its the whole system in how the roms are launched through emulationstation, but you can hide the runcommand text if you want to:

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/runcommand

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/blob/00645322e55f85b43a963b68d2f49ead67834ad3/scriptmodules/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh#L667

You’ll have to remove joy2key as well if you don’t want it popping up when you press js0 on your gamepad.

wowzer22
    Participant

Awesome, thanks for the education!

herbfargus

BTW an option has been added to disable the runcommand launch menu and will be part of the next release of retropie.

lilbud
    Participant

will this be 3.5 or Retropie 4?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.