Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

I was going through the Youtube Techtipsta tutorial on setting up the PSX emulator BIOS files. It looks like the video he created was on 2.6. I am using 3.0

I was unable to access the

cd /Retropie/roms/psx folder

Judging by the comments sections, others had this issue too. Has anyone figured out a way to access the folder using his tutorial? Is there a better way to load BIOS files using 3.0?

Floob

I put my bios here:

/home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS/

Details here:
    https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Playstation-1

I basically followed these steps as well as copying the BIOS file

flavad99
    Participant

Thanks. Let me ask you this – I didn’t have a BIOS folder originally set up under the Retropie folder. I tried setting up one on my USB drive from a separate PC and copying the BIOS files in there, but I suspect that solution won’t work. I have seen a few posts from people that don’t have this folder automatically set up for Retropie 3.0 – any idea why the folder isn’t automatically there?

I will look at the video you provided.

Floob

Which beta version of RetroPie are you using? Did you write an image to the SD, or did you build from binaries?

Does this not work for you?
    “cd /home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS/”

flavad99
    Participant

version 3.0, the newest one

I wrote the image to an SD card.

Thanks for the tip on the “home pi”, I can now access the Retropie folder from the prompt.

I am going to try the instructions again, however, I had to go in and manually create a BIOS folder on the USB drive. From reading other instructions, it sounds like it is already there. However, there are a few other people out there without it preloaded. It is strange, b/c all of my system folders showed up under the roms folder without any issues. Do you know if I am missing a step regarding the BIOS folder?

Thanks.

flavad99
    Participant

I think I got it now, thanks. I think the home/pi ended up being the issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.