Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    osinnycakes
    Participant

I am new to all of this…downloaded and added my snes roms just fine…having problems trying to add playstion roms. And yes i did scph.1001.bin and multiple others and then i add them to bios album and roms to rom album…..turn it all on and it shows them there but i try to use them and it takes me to a screen that shows text really fast and back to menu. What am i doing wrong??? Somebody please help me!!! Contact me in my email please it is

Please help!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

The extension on the roms should be. .img, .bin .cue. or .mdf, I kept forgetting to unzip the rom and it wouldn’t work, make sure you’re unzipping your rom and only putting the file that has the extensions I listed, for example.
    Tekken3.img. or tonyhawk.bin or something like that

osinnycakes
    Participant

Ok i figured that all out finally. Now my issues are configuring my ps3 witeless controller to play my psx roms but i hit a brick wall there many forums said to use bluetooth, got a dongle one and come to find out the file for the driverdownload is corrupt, so i have to return it to best buy in morning and attempt to find new one. Last issue would be saving my game that is in progress and loading it again when i turn the pi on. This is all so difficult!

smithers
    Participant

I wouldn’t have thought you needed a driver for the Bluetooth dongle on the Pi? I didn’t anyway (using a Trust dongle). Not sure if you are aware though but you need a Bluetooth 4.0 compatible dongle to get your PS3 pads to work. I tried with a Bluetooth 2.0 for ages before realising that a v4 was needed!

osinnycakes
    Participant

I couldnt get anything to work. I just have one problem after another with this thing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.