Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    zer0cool
    Participant

Hello all,

I am able to run PSX ROMs. Currently have Tenchu and Metal Gear Solid (MGS). I have a 1080p HDTV and at first the game was full screen so kind of stretched and really poor quality (pixilated and tearing). So bad that you cant read text and character models look like blotches of color.

I searched around and changed the config file es_systems.cfg to have a 2 at the end instead of a 1:

COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 2

This seems to have changed it from 16:9 to 4:3 which helps. Text is almost distinguishable but character models etc still look terrible, pixelated and blotchy.

I tried adjusting the config file for psx using hdmi_group and hdmi_mode with various numbers. None of them seemed to improve the quality.

If need be i can post a screen later, but im trying to see if there is any way to improve the quality. I dont mind if its not full screen.

What really confuses me is that GB runs full screen 16:9 and everything looks great. All my other emulators that work visually look fine.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.