Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project PSX Not finding bios . . . anywhere

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jplaj
    Participant

I’ve been trying to get PSX to work. I’ve tried a few different games, and each one of them results in a message that it can’t find the BIOS. (A few of them return “2277 Segmentation Fault”, and I’m not sure if that’s related)

As per advice elsewhere, I’ve placed the bios in with the roms, with the libretto, and in a system folder after adding the system_folder=… command to the retroarch.cfg in the PSX config folder.

After trying all that, I downloaded some alternate bios. Some of them were already lower case .bin files, and I converted the .BIN files to lower case. I placed all of them in each possible folder where PSX might read them, and I get no change in the log line.

Is there something else I should do? Does this problem have any connection with the “segmentation fault” message?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

karloss
    Participant

hey,

I put mine in RetroArch/emulatorcores/(then psx-rearmed folder I think)

I had alot of trouble, and found that it turned to be the images I was using, maybe try another one from another site, or backup your own, I have a number of my own backups working fine on it.

jplaj
    Participant

Thanks. I’ll look for alternate copies of the roms when I get a chance. I don’t suppose there’s any rhyme or reason to predict which images might work, is there?

Do I need any special equipment or software to back up my own games?

karloss
    Participant

i just used imgburn to create a bin of the discs and they work fine :)

i haven’t found a “perfect” source, matey needs to enable PM’s on this forum, maybe I could help you then ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

you need to make sure the bios is all lower case. including the .bin extension

jplaj
    Participant

No good. I’ve been fiddling with it for a while now. I have one image that will run, but all the other still give me the same “No bios found” message. Is there any other reason it might give me this error?

darkapec
    Participant

Was anyone able to figure this out yet?

I was having the same issue; my bios needed to be located at in “/home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/” and the file had to be lowercase (scph1001.bin)

It took me hours to find this out. This type of issue should be on a FAQ

jplaj
    Participant

I’m still in the process of testing, but I think the “No BIOS” error message is misleading. Although PSX is set to read .zip files, it may not be able to open them. I unzipped them (most are in .bin format now), and I had to find files that worked because some of them don’t, but I have a pretty reliable rate of working games.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.