Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Seem to be posting a lot now lol sorry guys I watched a vid on how to run my psx Roms copied the files and bios into the areas needed but Retropie won’t show this either in the menu thanks in advance

Floob
    summerrain
    Participant

They are bin files bud

Omnija
    Participant

.BIN also need .CUE files to work i’m pretty sure. Are it/they zipped?

summerrain
    Participant

Agh okay thanks how would I find them or is there a way to create them? Yeah zip file but only one file on there

Omnija
    Participant

I don’t think cue is a must have but normally come with it when you create bin type formats. If they are zipped you need to unzip it, psx doesn’t read zip format.

Hope that helps.

summerrain
    Participant

Agh okay need to find a dog place for the Roms then, don’t worry always unzip them
    First bud thanks for your help

summerrain
    Participant

Was just thinking could I use imgburn to create a cue file? Extract the ISO an rebuild it

Crumb
    Participant

If you don’t mind me jumping in here to ask my own question…

Got the PSX running fine, most games that I’ve tried work lovely, but I can’t for the life of me get Tomb Raider 2 to work. I unpack it which gives me an ECM file and I can unpack that, which just gives me a .bin file and a heap of audio files.

I’ve put everything into a folder and put that in my “roms/psx” directory. When I restart Retropie and access the uploaded Tomb Raider folder, none of the uploaded files seem to work when I click on them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Floob

@crumb The link here should help
    http://smartretro.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=96

Inside is a link to a guide to deal with audio. I used it to get the audio tracks to be inside the bin file for Wipeout.

@summerrain
    As Omnija says, a cue isnt essential, its only really needed if there are embedded tracks in the bin that need to point to certain points like where audio tracks are. If you put a .bin file in your psx rom folder, ES should definitely how you that when you restart (assuming you dont put it there as root or something, the pi user needs to read it)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.