Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    g0nz0uk
    Participant

Hello,

Could someone point me in the right direction as to how I turn the higher resolution setting for the psx please?

Thanks

cortex
    Participant

Hi there,

just open the retroarch menu and navigate to settings. I think it’s called “enhanced resulution”.

But you might need to configure a button to open the retroarch menu first, if you haven’t done so yet.

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Thanks, can’t wait to try this. Have my Pi3 coming soon too.

kitchuk
    Participant

How is the performance with enhanced resolution on the Pi 3? On the Pi 2 is was quite choppy with low framerate.

Floob

You can see it a bit at the end of this video, you’ll see me go into the menu and change the setting.

proxycell
    Participant

Hi Floob, that enhanced resolution setting made things look a bit better and I don’t think it really impacted performance all that much really – was there a reason you did not enable the speed hack for that setting?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The pi 3 handles enhanced rez just fine when the environments aren’t too big. I was messing with it yesterday and games with small environments like Tekken 3 and Crash Bandicoot 2 look better and run perfect. But when I was in a large environment in Tomb Raider 3 that already made the frame rate dip without enhanced rez it only got worse.

TR3 was always kind of a mess though.

g0nz0uk
    Participant

How are games like Wipeout?

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Wipeout works very well!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.