Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    piflu
    Participant

Hi Folks

I have a Raspberry Pi b+ and all works fine.
    Only FinalFantasy 7 lagging the sound. Its not so dramatic but its not so cool after some houers.
    The Gameplay works good, thats not lagging. Only the sound.

i try to tune the Raspberry whit the Turbo mode. But they makes no diffrent.
    Can i try another sound driver or somthing?

what can i do?

Thx a lot!

Roo
    Participant

Aside from overclocking your Pi, you could upgrade to a Pi 2

neighbourhoodnerd
    Participant

I have the Pi2 and I’m also experiencing audio hitches. I had this on my Pi1 as well, so I have a few ideas.

The best thing to do is to edit Retroarch.CFG in the PSX config directory.
    I’m going to test:
    -Audio-frame sync
    -Changing resolution
    -Changing audio output rate
    -Changing audio driver

You can also try adjusting the Memory split and dedicating a bit more RAM to the CPU.

GameRockeR
    Participant

IMHO retroarch pcsx reArmed is way slowly than the standalone pcsx reArmed rev. I tested FF7, it runs really good, constant 59.9 – 60.0 fps, no hitch or crackling audio.

piflu
    Participant

@neighbourhood nerd
    Thank you! I change the settings in the /boot/config.txt settings and splitt the memory. My first Setting was gpu_mem=384 it works but i have Lags in sound and gameplay of the PSX Games. Now, i try to give more memory. The maximum i can give for the Raspberry Pi b+ was 448 but to much! The Games dosent start any more!Also 415 is to much, the Games become more Lags then at the beginning.

Now i try gpu_mem=408 and the sound in MetalslugX is wonderfull! Also the Gameplay, i have no Lags!
    In FanalFantasy7 was the gameplay also wunderfull! The sound is much better! Not Perfect near to be perfect:)
    I try to tweak the retroarch.cfg now. Maybe i can get the maximum out!

Here My config:(/boot/config.txt)
    arm_freq=1050
    gpu_mem_512=408
    core_freq=500
    #h264_freq=0
    #isp_freq=0
    #v3d_freq=0
    gpu_freq=500
    avoid_pwn_pll=1
    sdram_freq=550
    over_voltage=6
    avoid_safe_mode=1
    force_turbo=0

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.