Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vivid
    Participant

I’m currently having problems with the psx emulator playing other file extensions besides the .bin extension. It runs the .bin roms fine with the exception of some choppy audio at points. I looked in the es_system.cfg file and it says that many other file extensions are supported .img being one of them and yet when I loaded a .img rom into the emulator it just started up and then kicked my back to the emulation station menu.

Could this possibly be a problem with the bios? I’m using scph7502 bios.

I’ve looked online and it seems that I should be able to play other type of extensions besides .bin so I can’t seem to figure out what’s going on.

flipbug
    Participant

Hi! It’s most likely your BIOS. SCPH1001.BIN is the best.

Where is es_system.cfg located now? My EmulationStation doesn’t detect IMG files at all =[]

vivid
    Participant

My es_system.cfg is located under /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg

I also notice that the roms I’m downloading have a .bin and a .cue file. So far I’ve just been using the .bin file but the audio has been a little choppy at times now does this have to do with the .cue file missing or is this just the emulator and would overclocking make the sound emulate better.
    (I already overclocked to medium in the raspi-config and the sound did get better but I want to make sure that this isn’t a missing file problem.)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.