Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pachydermic
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’ve been banging my head against the wall for a few hours (and doing lots of searching on this forum as well as Google) and cannot for the life of me seem to get any psx games working on the emulator. I downloaded a Bios file and put it in the correct location, so I’m pretty sure that’s not the problem. All of the errors I’m getting basically say that the emulator cannot read that type of file (and I’ve tried many different types).

Can anyone provide a (idiot-proof) guide to getting a game working? I mean, what kind of file do I need? From the source code, it looks like .cue,.bin,.7z and probably some other file formats are supported, but I haven’t had luck with any of those so far. Do I need to use something like AcetoneISO to combine different kinds of files into an ISO or maybe just an .img? I’m pretty confused and trying to get this working for my brother’s X-mas present… any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

RetroMarine
    Participant

Extract those 7z files, there will be multiple .bin files and one .cue file. Then go into es_system.cfg and change psx extension to just .cue and .CUE. This is how mine is setup and all my psx roms work.

pachydermic
    Participant

Extract those 7z files, there will be multiple .bin files and one .cue file. Then go into es_system.cfg and change psx extension to just .cue and .CUE. This is how mine is setup and all my psx roms work.

I tried launching cue files, but didn’t have much luck. Could you give me an example of a game that works (name only)? Or even better, a working game list?

Also, how was performance for your games? The Pi seems to be able to run Quake 3 ok, but I’ve read that PSX games don’t run well.

proxycell
    Participant

open the cue files in a text editor, make sure that it lists the filename of the .bin file EXACTLY, this should be case sensitive too

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.