Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

When I used RetroArch on my PC, the libretro core was Mednafen. When it loaded a game, I got that classic PSX boot screen. The PCSX-rearmed core on RetroPie, it doesn’t show it. I feel that is really missing some of the nostalgia from playing PSX games. Is there any way to get this using PCSX? I’ve tried a couple different BIOS files, and that doesn’t seem to make a difference.

[attachment file=”PSX Boot.jpg”]

quackwalks
    Participant

I would love to have the psx boot up sequence as well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

With the “launch menu art” addition to the runcommand script, is there any chance of somehow implementing a short video clip of the PSX boot process that is missing from the emulator?

herbfargus

How anxious are you to test it? I can try to make a module of https://github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro which is a port of the mednafen emulator you speak of. Can’t guarantee the performance as the current one is optimised for arm, this may not be.

As far as the prelaunch video instead of an image, you’d have to recode runcommand to call omxplayer and your video. I doubt we’ll integrate video support for runcommand, likely something like that will just have to be done manually.

dankcushions
    Participant

i have a feeling mednafen will be sub 1 frame a second. it’s a dog on high spec PCs. pcsx rearmed is optimised to the hilt for arm CPUs.

you could try logging an issue on pcsx_rearmed’s github page – https://github.com/notaz/pcsx_rearmed/issues – i had a search and couldn’t find anyone else asking. i’d like the old logos too :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the suggestion, I put in an issue /request with the core on github.

herbfargus

I did get beetle psx running and it does have the PlayStation splash, but dankcushions was right, performance on the pi 2 is unplayable unfortunately.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

if you reset the emulation, it will play the bios animation. Although it boots to the memory manager screen on some discimages.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.