Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! PS3 USB controller not detected.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    j-p-w
    Participant

So up untill last night everything was running fine, I was using my PS3 controller via bluetooth and had no issues whatsoever.

The battery on the controller was running low so I decided to charge it up via my PC(note that my PC doesn’t have a bluetooth connection), unplugged the pi and went to bed.

Now today I plugged back in the pi and noticed my controller wasn’t connecting on either BT or USB and I have no idea what caused this. At first I thought it might be a faulty USB connection, but when I plug it in the first light on the controller turns on.

I decided to reinstall the entire pi only to find out the problem still persists. I did all the updating, tried all the USB ports and tried a different cable, nothing seems to want to connect the controller anymore.
    I have a working PS4 controller, however I prefer to use the ps3 one since it (used to) connect via BT and the other doesn’t.

I hope I someone can help me figure out what is causing this.

edit: It seems that it’s currently only working when I have no other controller plugged in after a reboot, however, it only works while it stays connected. If I disconnect (or reboot for that matter) it stops working.

j-p-w
    Participant

Anyone?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.