Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie PS3 controller via Bluetooth rumbles and turns off

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    zoidberg009
    Participant

Hello all together,

I´m just trying to connect a PS3 6Axis Dualshock controller to my Retropie. I think, my Blueooth dongle works fine, while I see it using hciconfig after doing all neccessary steps in RetroPie Setup (“Configure Bluetooth Devices” and “Install/Pair PS3 controller”).

When I now connect the controller via USB and then disconnect it, after pressing the PS-Button the controller starts rumbling and the four LEDs blinking for about one second, then the controller turns off.

A connection never seems to be established, so that no device is shown in “Display Registered & connected Bluetooth devices”.

Does anybody know about this problem? Is it an issue of my controller or may it be caused by using a “wrong” Bluetooth dongle?

Thank you,
    Soeren

softmind
    Participant

Hey there!

I have the exact same problem with my two ps3 controllers, for your information the dongle I use is shown as “ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)”
    I’m using the latest version of retropie (3.4), fresh install on RPI2.

Anyone would know how to solve the problem? Could it be dongle related?

Thanks

softmind
    Participant

Solved it:

by doing the following:
    – modify the file /etc/default/sixad: replace LEGACY=0 by LEGACY=2
    – reboot (I even had to unplug the power supply)
    – connect my ps3 controller via usb until emulationstation has started
    – disconnect usb cable and press PS button, it’s connected!

And repeated the two last steps for the second controller.

Hope that helped.
    regards.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.