Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie PS3 controller only recognised as Xbox controller

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    frankcavil
    Participant

Afternoon all, I’ve got myself in a bit of a bother…

The up front tl;dr – No matter what I can think of doing, my PS3 controller is only and always recognised as an Xbox controller, and doesn’t work when configuring for games. It can navigate menus but is listed as an Xbox controller.

The long story – While trying to configure my various controllers (buttons were registered but didn’t work in game), I ended up removing controller config files and starting from scratch via the setup script.

Like a muppet though, I accidentally installed the Xbox drivers that I have no intention of using, and now whenever I try to configure my PS3 controller it is recognised as an Xbox controller.

Previously, it worked with a fair amount of success using a SonyPLAYSTATION(R)3Controller.cfg file. Now anything that I configure is saved in an XboxGamepad(userspacedriver).cfg file, and it’s not accurate nor complete thanks to instances where buttons aren’t recognised at all, let alone being different because they’re not coming from an actual Xbox 360 controller (by that, I mean that button ‘0’ is ‘Select’ on a PS3, but ‘B’ on an Xbox).

I’ve deleted these controller configs and rebooted the Pi, but the problem persists. Even when I add the controller to navigate the EmulationStation menus, it is recognised as an Xbox controller. I can navigate the menus fine, but get problems when configuring for games.

What I can do/have done – Deleted and remade controller config files via terminal and GUI (no effect, listed as Xbox controller).
    Attempted to install PS3 driver (failed due to not having a Bluetooth dongle).

What should I do? – Should I hunt down and uninstall the Xbox driver? Where, how?
    Does it require anything else to be installed, uninstalled, updated?

Everything else
    Pi Model: 2 B
    RetroPie Version Used: 3.0.0 Beta 2
    Built From: SD Image
    USB Devices connected: Keyboard, PS3 controller (limited use), USB controller (for testing, removed when necessary)
    Error messages received: Can’t recall any. RetroPie does it’s best to accept input, thinking it’s from an Xbox controller when of course it isn’t.

Any and all help welcome – until then, I’ll be sticking with simpler systems and controllers, or looking into buying an Xbox controller…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.