Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project PS3 Controller – How to Power Off?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PeanutButterBoy
    Participant

Is there any way to power off the PS3 controller (connected via Bluetooth) without turning off the RPi? I thought of 2 methods, but I’m not sure how to execute either of them:

1. Assign a button in RetroArch (or any emulator) that powers off the controller. I don’t know if this input variable exists, but it would be nice to just hit the PS button (or hotkey+PS button) to power the controller off.

2. Enable some kind of timeout or sleep mode within the bluetooth libraries (or hciconfig?) that disconnects the controller after, say, 5 minutes of inactivity.

Anyone know how to make this happen? I’m guessing #2 is the most likely.

dudleydes
    Participant

You can press and hold the PS button for 10-12 seconds to switch your controller off. Just press the PS button to wake your controller.

PeanutButterBoy
    Participant

I was not aware of that – thank you!

ftjosas
    Participant

I use the press PS button for 12 seconds to turn the controller off. But when I try to reconnect it nothing happens, it just blinks. Do you know how to enable it to reconnect after it has been powered down?

Now I have to reboot in order to get it to reconnect. I can also use the sixad -stop, sixad -start commands from ssh to get it to work. But I would like to just be able to pick up the controller, turn it on, connect and then play.

I would be very glad if you could help.

dudleydes
    Participant

You can set up the sixad controller manager to run at boot with the following command:

sudo update-rc.d sixad defaults

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.