Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    smee
    Participant

Hello All,

I’ve recently setup my pi with the latest everything as a SNES emulator and everything is peachy. I’ve been using a BT PS3 controller which I setup via the PS3 setup script through /retropie-setup which worked perfectly. My current hang up is I want to be able to use the analog sticks for snes movement (which I feel like is possible) but I have no idea how to go about it. There are a million different instructions on the internet for a million different versions etc. Is there just a simple easy way I can set this up? I am familiar with Linux and CLI so that’s not a barrier.

kittyjuls
    Participant

Same here, the PS3 controller can be easily configured to use the analogue sticks in emulation station but the moment I run any of the emulators it reverts to control via the left arrow key pad. Is there a way to map the analogue movement in the configs file?

Cheers

killer101
    Participant

Hi,

I just got my new Pi 2 and started a fresh install of RetroPie 2.6. Had the same problem with the analog sticks in Retroarch.

Here’s how it works …

Go to
    /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs/

Edit all PS3-Controller related config files and add the following lines:

input_up_axis = “-1”
    input_down_axis = “+1”
    input_left_axis = “-0”
    input_right_axis = “+0”

Then the left analog stick works like the D-Pad!

Have fun!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.