Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie PS2 controller clones – can't configure all directions and buttons in gui

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tdalton
    Participant

I’m running RetroPie 3 RC1 (from SD image) coming from Pimame and really liking the joystick driven interface for starters! One basic thing I am having an issue with is I am using 2 clone PS2 controllers (one is Sabrent and one is Tomee). They worked perfectly in Pimame out of the box. When I try to configure in the initial setup I can configure 3 out of the 4 directions on pretty much any of the sticks and let’s say 3 out of the 4 buttons but one is always “already” in use”. I can see the system detects the controllers as Dragonrise Generic USB joystick with 4 axes, 12 buttons and the other same thing only Microntek USB joystick with 4 axes, 12 buttons. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

tdalton
    Participant

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

herbfargus

I had some knock off n64 controllers and the axis buttons were really finicky so when I would press up it would press up and right- i had to be real careful with each button press to make sure I only got the one I needed otherwise it would say it was taken already. Its possible yours may be similar. (It was actually the same controller name too- dragonrise generic USB.)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.