Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Problems with keyboard shortcuts in emulators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bravetoaster
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve set up RetroPie on a new Raspberry Pi 2B and am using a PS3 controller connected through Bluetooth as well as a Logitech wireless keyboard with touchpad.

However, none of the keyboard shortcuts work in the emulators. For example F1 doesn’t open the settings, N/M don’t switch through the shaders and the like.
    The PS3 controller works fine (which is really awesome, by the way!).

I can quit the emulator with Start+Select on my controller, and I can access the menu with Select+Triangle, but neither is possible with the keyboard.
    Also, when I’m in the emulator menu, I can use the keyboard with the keys listed, but I’m completely stuck when I hit Triangle and open the “Search” box – no keyboard input is accepted an no combination of controller buttons seems to do anything. At that point, I can only cut the power or SSH into the Raspberry Pi and run “sudo reboot”.

I have attached the following files:
    – /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg (no keyboard bindings are defined in any of the emulator specific config files)
    – /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs/PS3ControllerBT.cfg (I think this is the right file, but not sure – there’s also Sony_PLAYSTATION(R)3_Controller.cfg and SonyComputerEntertainmentWirelessController.cfg in that directory)

It would be great if I could get my keyboard to work in the emulators – I’d really appreciate the shortcuts for save/load and settings and would prefer to have them there instead of on the controller.

Thanks!

Floob

Hold down “select” on the joypad, then try F1, or n, m etc…

Its because you have set an enable hotkey function.
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = “0”

Details are here:

bravetoaster
    Participant

Ah, yes – that’s it. Thank you!

I also noticed that in my retroarch.cfg at the very bottom there was the line
    input_enable_hotkey = nul

I changed that to tab and now I can do tab+F1 etc. and it works like a charm. Cool!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.