Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    joejack
    Participant

I’ve connected a wireless 360 controller to my retropie and have removed the old configuration file and set it up for the 360 controller. Everything works except as soon as I go into a game the settings revert back to what the where on my keyboard. I don’t know how to fix this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

joejack
    Participant

I reinstalled retropie and set up the 360 controller on the initial promp (did not need to install xboxdrv.) Im still not able to use the 360 controller in the actual games, just to scroll through the menu.
    I’ve searched for forever for a fix and can’t seem to find anything that works. Again, any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading.

boesiii
    Participant

Did you setup your controller using the “Register RetroArch Controller” option, which is somewhere in RetroPie-Setup. Look at step 3 in the following article:

boesiii
    Participant

lifehacker.com/how-to-turn-your-raspberry-pi-into-a-retro-game-console-498561192

joejack
    Participant

Thanks Boesiii,

I’ve got the x,y,a,b buttons to work in the game. The directional pads, start/select, etc do not work at all. I went through the set-up twice and can’t seem to figure out why I’m still having trouble with getting the controller to work properly.
    I didn’t remove my keyboard when the prompt said “make sure this controller is the only device connected,” because if i did it would reboot. Should I have set it up through putty with only the xbox controller connected? Its the only way I can think of getting to the input configuration & not having the keyboard plugged in.
    Thanks again.

boesiii
    Participant

I left my keyboard plugged in while programming the controller.

boesiii
    Participant
    joejack
    Participant

I’ve tried running the setup through putty, and I’m still having the same problems. I’m still trying to get this to work & if I figure anything out I’ll be sure to post it for anyone else having this problem.
    Until then, any advice is still greatly appreciated.

bobbyt
    Participant

Mine worked fine after using ./retropie_setup.sh..

I’m still using the built in 360 drivers because I dont know how to uninstall them.

joejack
    Participant

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the help. I got tried of banging my head against the wall and just got a cheap programmable controller & it worked as soon as I plugged it in.
    Thank you again for all your support and advice.

Sincerely,
    Joe Jack

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.