Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! problems connecting to the Pi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    spaceinvader
    Participant

I have many problems connecting to my Pi.

If I type \\retropie in my browser, sometimes works but sometimes (the more) doesn’t and I get a error message. Months ago, with older retropie versions I had no problems, but I have changed Windows 7 to 10 and my cable supplier as well (with router change too) so I d notknow which of these is the problem.

I have also tried winscp and I have the same problem, many times does not connect and little ones does, but soon disconects suddenly.

What could be the problem? Windows firewall? router?

senkun
    Participant

You need to be more specific, which Retropie version? Pi 2? or Pi 3?

“sometimes works but sometimes (the more) doesn’t”
    “many times does not connect and little ones does, but soon disconects suddenly.”

sounds like you’re on a Pi 3, if you are try this first before anything else;

sudo iwconfig wlan0 power off

spaceinvader
    Participant

No, Pi2 and Retropie 3.6 connected via wifi…

senkun
    Participant

[quote=121362]changed Windows 7 to 10 and my cable supplier as well (with router change too) so I d notknow which of these is the problem.[/quote]

Oh well, then you’d have to isolate the cause down. No easy way if you had as you said,

changed Windows 7 to 10 … cable supplier as well (with router change too) …

Good luck mate.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.