Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Problem with special moves in Street Fighter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cp30
    Participant

Hi,

Firstly, I’d like to say thanks to everyone involved in RetroPie and the community, it’s awesome and works so easily.

I have recently put together a cabinet for my son with his Christmas money as he wants to play his sister on Street Fighter 2 after a recent visit to a Computer Museum.

We have the following setup….

Pi b
    2 x Zippy joysticks
    15 illuminated buttons
    Xin-mo encoder

We first had some issues getting system to recognise 2 controllers, but we did the fix for that we found on here (adding usbhid.quirks=0x16c0:0x05e1:0x040 in the /boot/cmdline.txt).

We now have a working system, and for most Mame games it seems to be fine. But it is impossible to perform any special moves on Street Fighter 2. We’re testing with Ken, and we know there’s a simple special move of DOWN, FORWARD, PUNCH which will send a fireball. We can do this on the keyboard consistently, so we know it’s possible and move is correct. This is one example, there’s other moves that I also now that just don’t seem to be possible with this setup.

I’m a bit lost at what to try now, does anyone have any idea what the cause may be? i.e. encoder, joysticks? Or any idea how we can fix it.

Many thanks in advance – my boy will be extremely grateful if we can get it going :)

Cheers

reaact
    Participant

I’m having the exact same problem. I would love to hear of anyone has answer to this problem.

dankcushions
    Participant

very odd! are your sticks 8 way? that is, can you move in diagonal directions in games that allow it? (i guess things like robotron or any scrolling shooter would make a good test)

i think the inputs it wants are:
    Down,
    Down-Forward,
    Forward + Punch
    so maybe it’s not picking up the down-forward for some reason?

(works fine on my setup – using a standard joystick/controller)

reaact
    Participant

What encoder are you using?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.