Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Problem with some Emulators. Hatari and UAE4ALL-pi in particular…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mccarthy
    Participant

Hey guys,
    I’ve successfully set up my little friend with a PS3 controller and so on. Everything works almost perfect despite Hatari and UAE4ALL-rpi. Whenever I try to start one of these guys from console a black screen appears and nothing happens. When I check the running processes via ssh and top, Hatari doesn’t even run and UAE neither as far as I can see. Can anyone confirm this issue?
    I think it has something to do with an update, because I had an older image of raspbian laying around and I flashed it. I fired up the pi et voila hatari and uae worked. After I did an “apt-get upgrade” both threw a similar black screen. Is there an issue with SDL or some drivers?
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers
    McCarthy

Anonymous
    Inactive

Had the same problem with Hatari when using HDMI, Try changing to runcommand.sh 1 in the es_systems.cfg file.

Let me know how you get on using your ps3 pad with hatari, i’m trying to config it, so i can use the d-pad.

mccarthy
    Participant

Thanks mate, mh I knew that that has something to do with ordenary settings.
    I’m curious, do you use the bluetooth method? I’ve run into a new problem. I have to config the buttons for Emulationstation everytime I start it. It says that there’s no joystick present, but the Controller works.

Regarding your prob, I think I’ve read something about that the controls can’t be changed or something like that. I’ll give it a shot.

Cheers
    McCarthy

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you have the pad plugged in, it won’t ask for you to config the pad each time, but I don’t think retropi connects to a Bluetooth pad until it has already requested the controller config. i have seen other topics where this has been resolved, but you’ll have to have a look round for the setting. i normally have one pad plugged in charging so it never askes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.