Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Problem with original PS3 controller

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    giustino
    Participant

Hi to all,
    I’m trying to use my original PS3 controller with last version of retropie but I have some problem:
    1-the controller works only in emulationstation (by USB cable, see point 2), when I enter in game I can play only with keyboard;
    2-I can’t match the ps3 controller with BT dongle. I follow the youtube tutorial mentionated in wiki section but when I try to hold PS button the controller start to vibrate and all four leds start blinking in sequence.
    Thx in advance

shoothere
    Participant

Hi Guistino,

did the pairing from the terminal work as per the tutorial?

For step 2: did you remove the USB cable after the pairing as per instructions? What I found is I press the PS button once, it starts vibrating/cycling lights and I press it a second time (both times a short press) and it works. Let me know if this works for you!

giustino
    Participant

Hi shoothere,
    yes I did….I have followed the tutorial but my controller doesn’t appears in the menu “configure input devices from retroarch”, there is only keyboard. About point n.2, I have tried by pressing the PS button two times as suggest by you but nothing happens.
    One questions: the tutorial starts with ps3 controlled plugged to rasp by usb cable, then I must insert the BT dongle in rasp, push PS button and then unplug the USB cable, is it right?

gizmo98
    Participant

The video tutorial is a little bit outdated. Just install ps3 driver “once” and connect your controller over usb afterwards. Everything should be setup now. Remove usb cable and press PS button. Your controller should pair (one LED should light up). Start controller config in emulationstation (Start button + Input configuration) and configure your controller.

giustino
    Participant

Hi gizmo,
    I must press PS button after removed USB cable and after insert BT dongle. Is it right?

gizmo98
    Participant

Yeah you must always press PS button to pair after boot, restart or initial configuration. If one LED lights up after pairing animation your controller should be paired successful.

shoothere
    Participant

gizmo making me look bad with all the AWESOME advice. Basically what gizmo said! Hope it works for you!

gizmo98
    Participant

You are awesome as well. *lol*

giustino
    Participant

Well done guys, I have solved all my problem (for the moment). The problem was the BT dongle infact I have changed it and ps3 controller was matched with rasp.
    Thx to gizmo and shoothere XD

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.