Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Problem w/ Mausberry Switch in Latest Images

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kevinfitch83
    Participant

I wanted to see if any Mausberry Switch users have had any problems with the latest versions of the RetroPie card images. Specifically when used on an RPi B+.

I have the use your own switch shutdown circuit and am using this Python GPIO monitoring daemon to handle the shutdown request from the shutdown circuit.

This setup was working well in the 2.1 images and below. However, I recently installed the 2.5 image and found that it no longer worked. The same issue is occurring with the 2.6 (I performed a clean install from scratch to rule out any setup mistakes on my part).

I’ve also run some tests to make sure that this isn’t being caused by a hardware issue. I took a clean (non-RetroPie) card image I have and installed the switch daemon there. It worked fine.

I’m not really sure how to go about trouble shooting this on the software side. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

kevinfitch83
    Participant

I decided to go on and close this one out because it doesn’t seem to be unique to the RetroPie Project’s images. I downloaded the latest Raspbian image and installed the Python program there. I got the same results. I can only assume that a recent Raspbian update broke the program.

I ended up falling back to the shell script provided by Mausberry. I had to bump up my overclock settings to compensate for the script’s CPU drain but things seem to be working now.

Really I guess I should try writing my own shutdown script. Maybe this will serve as a motivator to finally learn Python…

InsecureSpike
    Participant

what kinda Python script does it use?
    interrupts or whileloop?

kevinfitch83
    Participant

If I understand correctly it uses interrupts. My knowledge of Python is pretty limited though.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

i always had problems with interrupts on previous builds using my PiSupply, nit got round to trying it out on 2.6 yet tho

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.