Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Problem reconnecting PS3 controller after disconnect

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hirodotp
    Participant

Hello,

I have two brand name PS3 controllers I have working with Retropie. I noticed that when I turn off the controller by holding down the “P” button for 10+ seconds, and then I turn the controller on, it never reconnects until I restart the sixad service 3 times (if I restart it two times, it will reconnect some of the time but not always, three times ensures it will reconnect).

Right now I have a python daemon running that monitors the sixad log for disconnects and immediately restarts sixad 3 times to work around this issue.

I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem or if it is a known issues (I’ve not been able to find anything on it on google).

Setup:

Raspberry Pi 2 B
    Raspbian (wheezey)
    SixAd 1.5.1
    RetroPie: git latest as of September 25th

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

hirodotp
    Participant

I uploaded my sixad restart script to github for anyone else that is having this issue. This script will monitor /var/log/sixad for either abnormal disconnects (i.e. due to battery drain) as well as timeouts configured in sixad’s profile.

https://github.com/hirodotp/Retropie-Scripts

dudleydes
    Participant

Above the exit 0 in the /etc/rc.local file, try adding the following:

hciconfig hci0 piscan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.