Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dannyboyswe
    Participant

Don’t know if this has been discussed before, or if this is the right place to ask.

Is there anyway or any software that allows you to pre-fetch all metadata and images for your ROMs?
    I believe that the scarper can choose to use already generated metadata instead of fetching from an online database.

Floob

Thats sort of tricky as it would have to save it to the same filename as your set – which could work for mame, but tricky for consoles that have different names, but the same hashes. Even with mame it wont know which romsets you have decided to use.
    You can grab your images from emumovies.com – sselphs scraper can use these locally store images and then it just grabs the metadata and doesnt need to download the image.

But in short, I’d just grab it with a scraper – you only have to do it once, and it takes about 5 mins per system.

dannyboyswe
    Participant

Thanks for the reply!
    I have always wondered if it’s possible, and now I know :)

Love your tutorials on YouTube btw :D
    Keep up the awesome work!

dpicc68
    Participant

Hey floob… Need to scrape FBA… Any updates on this.. I used emu movies but it doesn’t have metadata…
    I know the scraper.sh was updated to use with mame..

Dpicc….

Floob

FBA uses the same filenames as MAME, so run “scraper -mame”

Works for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.