Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

For some reason most of my buttons are noted as directional buttons. I’m unable to remap the control settings due to this. ab xy directional, directional at L\s and R\s wierd….

Controller type -> Rock Candy Xbox 360

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m having issues too, I hope someone has a fix for this, I’m using wireless 360 controllers, reicast doesn’t recognize Amy button presses, I just don’t know what the emu.cfg is supposed to look like

xmmer
    Participant

PPSSPP seems to have its own configuration settings that you can access by pressing the ESC button on a keyboard. I was able to remap controls correctly there. Unfortunately for me, once remapped, the menu registers a constant down press, so the menu becomes unusable afterward. I’m guessing this is part of the “experimental” status of the emulator.

I couldn’t get Reicast to boot any games at all, so I can’t help you there.

Omnija
    Participant

When you press (A) button does it show as (A) button when you remap? mine doesn’t, it shows up as Directional buttons and (L) buttons. I also have the menu problem trying to remap as well.

xmmer
    Participant

No, I’m in the same boat as you – the face buttons map as d-pad, I think the actual d-pad maps as hat switches. It’s incorrect but makes the game side usable, at least. I’m using a Logitech F310 on a Pi 2 with berryboot if it helps with diagnosis, though I suspect the issue is unrelated to hardware.

Omnija
    Participant

I read somewhere might be mistaken, but it has something to do with it probably being hard coded incorrectly.

Omnija
    Participant

From this thread it does show that the buttons are hard coded.
    http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=2108&pid=111910#pid111910

the method they mentioned does fix the issue, i forked the ppsspp github and made the edit. Change the git link in the retropie ppsspp script and recompiled the emulator. I don’t have the controller issue anymore and i can freely edit my controls without issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.