Homepage Forums RetroPie Project GPIO Adapter, ControlBlock etc. Power switch problem with ControlBlock

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    fourfun
    Participant

When I use the power button the Raspberry Pi powers down just fine. But only once unless I disconnect the power. When it powers down the led stays on and it refuses to power back on unless I disconnect the disconnect the power and reconnect it. Then I can use the switch to power it back up again. I have a Raspberry Pi 2 and a 2 amp power supply. I have the latest Controlblock 2 software from github.

Any ideas?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Maybe you can post an image of your hardware setup? That might give me a chance to make an educated guess for the reasons of this behavior …

fourfun
    Participant

Is this enough?

LiquidFlame
    Participant

What size spacers/risers/whatever their called are you using in the picture for the mounting holes with the ControlBlock and RaspberryPi?

fourfun
    Participant

11mm

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Some thoughts:

– Does it behave the same when no other USB device is connected?
    – Does the installation of the ControlBlock driver run through with any errors?
    – Which OS are you using so that I could test it out on my site?
    – Which driver are you using? The ones for ControlBlock rev. 1.x or 2.x?
    – Are you using a toggle or a momentary switch? The ControlBlock needs a toggle switch.

Maybe we can make a step forward with these thoughts …

fourfun
    Participant

– Does it behave the same when no other USB device is connected?
    Yes. I have tried it with everything removed.

– Does the installation of the ControlBlock driver run through with any errors?
    No errors

– Which OS are you using so that I could test it out on my site?
    Raspian Jesse 4.1

– Which driver are you using? The ones for ControlBlock rev. 1.x or 2.x?
    I have tried both. Currently 2.x (clean reimage in between).

– Are you using a toggle or a momentary switch? The ControlBlock needs a toggle switch.
    I am using a push toggle switch – not a momentary.

fourfun
    Participant

I just reloaded from scratch and compiled. It works now. Thanks for the help.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that! Have fun!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘GPIO Adapter, ControlBlock etc.’ is closed to new topics and replies.