Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

i would prefer a possibility to delete ROMs from inside of the menu.
    Is that possible?
    It would help me a lot to filter out some games and i have not to connect to the filesystem.

I think it’s a small but powerful feature and it should be not hard to implement!

Regards
    naitreia

geofftherobot
    Participant

You can do this from within EmulationStation.

Press the select button with a rom highlighted and you can delete it. It’s a bit slow as I believe EmulationStation restarts each time, but it works.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can but every time you do this you have to restart EmulationStation. Maybe it can be changed so your not forced to restart ES everytime you delete a single rom!?

crisis6
    Participant

Yeah, restarting is a pain.

lawbag
    Participant

I found the best way when Im auditing ROMs is to have Emulation Station running as normal, and have a PUTTY connect it and delete unnecessary ROMs via the link.

haris1977
    Participant

+1 for this

On the other hand it would be good to be able to “hide” unwanted roms (especially “bios” files that need to be placed inside /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/

rookervik
    Participant

I just leave a Windows PC connected to \\retropie\roms\<system> and delete whatever roms don’t work. For the changes to be shown, an ES reboot is needed. EmulationStation reads the directory structure and gamelist.xmls only at first boot.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.