Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    loganf
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve installed RetroPie 3.0 on a Raspberry Pi model B. All my GBA games work well except for my attempts to load Pokemon Ruby and a custom Pokemon rom called Pokemon Light Platinum, which is based on Ruby. Since I’m a lot more interested in running the latter game, I’ll report the errors I get when I run that one.

I placed my bios in ~/RetroPie/BIOS/ (like I said, other GBA games work fine) and I dumped the .gba .sav and .ips files for that game in ~/RetroPie/roms/gba/

When I click on the game in EmulationStation, I get the output:

romtitle: Pokemon Ruby (U)
    gamepak title: POKEMON RUBY
    GAMEPAK CODE: AXVE
    gamepak maker: 01
    INPUT gamepak title: POKEMON RUBY
    INPUT gamepak code: AXVE
    INPUT gamepak maker: 01
    found entry in over ini file
    ==========================================

Here’s the error output from /tmp/runcommand.log

/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh: line 696: 2571 Segmentation fault      /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-gpsp/gpsp_libretro.so --config /opt/retropie/configs/gba/retroarch.cfg "/home/pi/RetroPIe/roms/gba/Pokemon - Light Platinum (U).gba" --appendconfig /tmp/retroarch.cfg

Any ideas?

herbfargus

Its a known issue. Its related to the emulator itself. You can install lr-mgba from the setup script (it might be in experimental, I can’t remember)

See:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/914

Or you can switch to gpsp from the run command menu as the game loads or a tedious workaround is to open the rgui of lr-gpsp and load the game from there as that seems to be the only way to get it to load short of using a different emulator.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@herbfargus: Maybe this issue is similar to this one with the snes emulator:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/946

So in this case, he should open a ticket at github.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.