Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

i like the add on for KODI but, im a big big fan of PLEX and dont really want to swap sd cards to use rasplex…. and berryboot proved harder to keep up to date without running into errors.

it would be nice to be able to launch into PLEX from the PORTS menu in Emulation Station like we can with that experimental KODI port.

unfortunately i dont know much about Linux so im not so sure i would be able to figure this out on my own.

maybe there already is an option that isnt PleXBMC, i find that its not as wife/kid friendly as i would like it to be.

phrazelle
    Participant

+1

justjeepin
    Participant

I’d love that too! On my home media server I’ve tried most media server apps and none work as well as Plex.

sublim3
    Participant

+1

I use Plex as my Media Server and would love the ability to run RasPlex from EmulationStation. I too tried berryboot to dual boot my Pi2 but ran into tons of errors. if anyone has made any progress with this I’d love to know.

maccabbi
    Participant

I’d love to have plex too, but for now plexbmc is an acceptable solution. https://github.com/hippojay/plugin.video.plexbmc/releases

Themes like Amber, Nova and Black Glass Nova have a go plex setting that swaps the kodi main menu items for your plex main menu items. Set Amber to have a vertical home screen and it ends up looking a lot like plex. It isn’t as stable, but not bad, probably better than dual booting or card swapping.

pi-guy
    Participant

[quote=102320]+1

I use Plex as my Media Server and would love the ability to run RasPlex from EmulationStation. I too tried berryboot to dual boot my Pi2 but ran into tons of errors. if anyone has made any progress with this I’d love to know.

[/quote]

I’ve got it all working, I’m running latest berryboot with Ubuntu mate, Rasplex, and RetroPie 3.0 on my Pi2…..love it. Bought a small wireless keyboard, and hooked my pi up to my 70″ flat screen. Only one thing though…can’t seem to get any controllers to work in-game..but they work in menu.
    Though, from what I can tell my retroarch is out of date even though I updated to 3.0 from retropie_setup.sh.

It might be hard for me to just share the images because I’m running berryboot off of a SD card, the images are on a USB stick (for speed), I’m running wifi with my roms on a windows share. Let’s say this is customized…or geeked out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.