Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project PiSNES with dpad, player2, and ps3 controller support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,

I had been having some trouble with getting PiSNES to work properly with my ps3 controllers so I modified some of the source code for PiSNES to support them (see below for link).

I also fixed a few other problems I had seen people having with PiSNES. Specifically, dpad buttons and player 2 joypad controls can now be bound from snes9x.cfg. This should work with xbox and other controllers, though you’d have to manually set the bindings in snes9x.cfg since I have them bound for ps3 controllers. I haven’t tested this, so if it works for you please let me know. ;)

I hope someone else can benefit from this! I know PiSNES is one of the better SNES emulators for Retropie and it’s a shame not to be able to use it to it’s full potential because of these issues.

Source code: https://github.com/rslavin/Aluin_PiSNES

poisonidea
    Participant

works perfectly, thanks.

also thanks for the step by step install instructions

letsgetacid
    Participant

The version linked here seems to work. The newer version (on Bitbucket), gives me the following errors when I attempt to make:

In file included from unix/unix.cpp:56:0:
    unix/keys.h:26:1: error: ‘define’ does not name a type
    unix/unix.cpp: In function ‘void S9xInitInputDevices()’:
    unix/unix.cpp:501:63: error: ‘RPI_JOY_MODIFIER’ was not declared in this scope
    unix/unix.cpp: In function ‘bool8_32 S9xDeinitUpdate(int, int)’:
    unix/unix.cpp:678:35: warning: invalid conversion from ‘short unsigned int*’ to ‘short int*’ [-fpermissive]
    unix/unix.cpp:139:6: warning: initializing argument 1 of ‘void gles2_draw(short int*, int, int)’ [-fpermissive]
    unix/unix.cpp: In function ‘void _splitpath(const char*, char*, char*, char*, char*)’:
    unix/unix.cpp:707:34: warning: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ [-fpermissive]
    unix/unix.cpp:709:29: warning: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ [-fpermissive]
    unix/unix.cpp:711:32: warning: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ [-fpermissive]
    Makefile:113: recipe for target ‘unix/unix.o’ failed
    make: *** [unix/unix.o] Error 1

Thanks for your effort on this. Really appreciated.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Whoops. I did what you should never do and pushed my code before testing it! Try it now.

The difference between what you were able to compile and the new version has to do with key mappings and combinations for quick saves. Basically, now you must assign a modifier key that must be held in order to exit the game or quick save/load. By default, I have it assigned to the PS button.

letsgetacid
    Participant

Thanks. Looks like it’s all good now. One more question – is there a way to change video modes? It doesn’t have the prompt where you can hit ‘X’ or ‘M’ like vanilla pisnes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Check the settings in the [Graphics] section in the configuration file.

mosquitovermelho
    Participant

well…im very new on this…but i can play all games on pocketnes…i edit the snes9x.cfg like yours but still cant play on pisnes…everything is fine when i try a keyboard…but nothing happens with the ps3 controller…
    im using the retropie 3.0 beta 2..any help?
    ty

hypermonkey2
    Participant

Hi,

i am running retropie 3.0 (latest beta?).

I installed aluin-pisnes as directed, edited the es_systems.cfg file, but can’t seem to open any snes roms using aluin-pisnes.
    When i select snes roms from ES, i can hit x or m to open a screen where i can pick which emulator i would like to use, but aluin-pisnes is not an option.

Is there another file i should edit?

Thanks!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.