Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project PiSnes saving, but no *.srm file?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    stimmerx
    Participant

Hi everyone, first of all: what a great and accessible project to give life to the classics.

As my RPI-B model broke one of it’s usb ports, I bought a new RPI2-B model, and reinstalled the Retropie image. Everything is fine so far.

As I (and especially my girlfriend) made quite some progress on Super Mario World using the PiSnes emulator, I would like to transfer my saved slots to the new RPI.
    Copying the .srm file of Super Mario should do the trick, but there doesn’t seem to be a .srm file in the ROM folder of the PiSnes, or any other folder related to it.

When I look for topics about saving games, it always seems to be about problems with saving progress, but that gives me no issues at all.
    Is there anyone that recognizes this issue or can suggest a possible solution? Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks!

frankup
    Participant

hey there!

I was having the same issue because I started an Earthbound save with pocketsnes, and then decided to change my emulator to pisnes. google lead me to this post, and after digging further I found the solution and thought I’d share it with you in case you still have not been able to figure it out.

in the /home/pi folder, there’s a hidden directory called “.snes96_snapshots” you may need to adjust the settings of your file manager to show hidden files. you will find your save file there.

tendonut
    Participant

Were you saving using snapshots, or the in-game save functions?

Worse case scenario, you can search the system for the save files.

find /home/pi/RetroPie -name "*ario*orld*.srm"

I use the wonky “*ario*orld*” search string because I don’t know exactly what the ROM file will be named, nor if “Mario” or “World” is uppercase, and wildcards will remedy that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.