Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project PiFBA segmentation fault error message

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings! I’d like to say that I love RetroPie 2.1 – I feel it has huge improvements over 1.10. For the past few weeks I’ve been unable to get any roms to run using PiFBA. I hear very good things about it from everyone on the interwebs, but have not had any success with it myself.

With every rom I launch PiFBA reports a segmentation fault. I see a yellow bar move across the screen and it appears that PiFBA is loading a rom, but after that I get a black screen until I exit EmulationStation and can view the program output. There I see the segmentation fault message. I’m using uni-bios and metal slug 1 to test with. Both are in the /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/fba/ directory. The command that launches PiFBA from EmulationStation is <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 1 “sudo /opt/retropie/emulators/pifba/fba2x %ROM%” </command>.

Please let me know if you need any more information from me!

dem1980
    Participant

Hi,
    i notice the same thing with the new version of PiFBA of June 2014.
    With the previous version, of 2013, i hadn’t segmentation errors.
    But Metal Slug runs fine with this version.
    I’m using the dat that is in the pifba directory to build zip roms file.

nemo93
    Participant

Hi All,

I confirm the segfault as well. Yet the games still run fine…
    cheers,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.