Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Pi2 game sound pausing and restarting

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dsmcrzy
    Participant

Hey Everyone,

New to Pi and new to retropie. I have been able to find tons of information and fixes online to get my pi2 set up with retropie 3.6 and have the NES, SNES, N64 and PS1 emulators working great.

There is one last thing I have been battling that I can’t quite figure out nor can I find via google. In every emulator and every game the sound will work and then pause for a second and then continue working. The intervals seem random. The sound only pauses its not laggy at all. There is no set time between them. When I set up my pi I didn’t have sound on my TV so I had to alternate the /boot/congif.txt file to get my sound to work.

Is there another option I need to fix somewhere to help with the sound? Like I said it’s not one emulator or one game so I’m thinking it has something to do with pi overall like my original no sound issue.

Thank you

dsmcrzy
    Participant

Tonight I tried plugging my headphones right into the pi and having the sound go through my headphones. This got rid of the sound pausing but when I switch back to hdmi for sound that I get the pausing.

dankcushions
    Participant

crap hdmi cable? what change did you make to your config.txt?

consider also updating everything
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade

dsmcrzy
    Participant

I have tried several hdmi cables including 2 brand new.

I just downloaded the new retropie 3.6 on Sunday so I believe everything is up to date.

In the config file I had to change the hdmi drive, group, mode, set the screen resolution and then use the options to not use a few pixels so it wouldn’t over run the screen.
    The link below is what I followed.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=103773

dankcushions
    Participant

the 3.6 image was released very soon after the pi3 was available and there have been raspian/etc fixes since.

i mean you should probably ask them what those settings do before applying them :) hdmi_drive = 2 is the only one recommended here: https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/sound-issues – i wouldn’t mess with anything else.

that said, i’ve never had any hdmi audio issues so hopefully someone who has can weigh in (and update that wiki if necessary)

dsmcrzy
    Participant

Here is my config file.

going to start with a fresh image and see what I can come up with.

dsmcrzy
    Participant

Messing with the other settings is the only way to get it to not overscan my tv. Other wise the image, menus, ect are cut off around the edges.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.