Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    fzero
    Participant

Does anyone know which of the images I should use for on one of the new Raspberry Pi ZERO models?

RetroPie for Raspberry Pi 1
    or
    RetroPie for Raspberry Pi 2

?

Thanks

dankcushions
    Participant

1, if any, i think. the chipset is the same as the pi1 as far as i can tell, just clocked faster.

let us know if it works!!

fzero
    Participant

Great thanks for the info.
    I’ll be trying it late tonight when I’m home so I will report back once all up and [hopefully] running

herbfargus

Yeah I saw that last night, I’d be interested in seeing how it works out.

momaw27
    Participant

Man, me too! What an excellent CHEAP way to emulate Atari – NES! I’d be interested to know how it runs Genesis and SNES roms too!

lakeuk
    Participant

Today I bought the MagPi magazine with the free zero included, it’s based on Rasp1, I plugged in my retropie micro sd card from my B+ and it booted up no problem, runs just the same as my B+

fzero
    Participant

Excellent!
    I wrote the image, and hooked PiZERO up to my telly.
    The system booted up ok and is now on the RetroPie screen stating that no control pad detected.
    But to hook up my USB XBOX control pad I need a USB Mini female to Micro male adapter, and just sods law I can’t find one now. Going to run up Tesco in a moment and see if they’ve any there… I hope so because I want to play on this tonight

lakeuk
    Participant

I needed the cables as well, Tesco (where I bought the mag) didn’t have any cable, but if they did I was expecting them to be expensive, luckily Scan computers is a short walk from work so at lunchtime picked up a USB adapter cable and the hdmi cable for a fiver all in.

dankcushions
    Participant

one thing to be mindful of, the CPU is faster than the original pi. i’m not sure if the stock retropie image has anything in /boot/config.txt about the clockspeed? or is it all commented out? i wonder what kind of overclocks you can get on this thing….

neighbourhoodnerd
    Participant

I’m sure you can overclock by editing the config file. Just be careful – if they’re using an older chip it may already have a slight overclock applied to it. 1ghz is the stock speed that has been applied. If you’re using an old Retropie image your clock will probably be lower.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.