Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So I just finished installing the ControlBlock software, and then it automatically rebooted. Now it won’t boot fully, it says:

invoke-rc.d samba reload
    Run during shutdown sequence
    Enabling safemode: initscript
    Policy layer disabled

I got a picture of the screen right before it crashes, and put it up on imgur here: http://imgur.com/FFL4W94,EXcBx39

petrockblog
    Keymaster

According to the screenshot, the system is not crashing, but shutting down properly (from an OSs point of view).

You need to connect a toggle switch when then ControlBlock service is running. Otherwise the ControlBlock gets a random toggle switch signal.

fantumn
    Participant

Thanks for the help! I’ll give that a shot

fantumn
    Participant

So that worked! it launches fully now, but the toggle switch only works to shut it down about 1 out of every 4 times I flip it, and it doesn’t seem to be able to turn it back on by itself, did I miss an installation step?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that!
    Could you post a one or two pictures of your setup here? Maybe we can see what might cause the switch behavior.

fantumn
    Participant

Yeah, it’ll take me a bit to get the wires in a picture where you can actually tell what’s going on, I’m using a SPDT switch with nothing on the other terminal, but that shouldn’t matter right?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Should work.
    A quite raw way for testing the power switch behavior of the ControlBlock is to just connect the two button pins with each other. This signals the ControlBlock that the switch is turned “on”. When the RPi has booted you can then disconnect the two pins and you should see the RPi being shutdown by the ControlBlock service.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘GPIO Adapter, ControlBlock etc.’ is closed to new topics and replies.