Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Pi 3 Wifi and Ethernet connectivity issues

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    vretro
    Participant

Is anyone else having issues FTPing to their Raspberry Pi 3?

I seem unable to connect to it using the hostname, which worked on other earlier models.

When I do manage to get connected, using wifi or ethernet, the connection seems to disconnect after a few minutes.

elgur85
    Participant

I did have some issues, but after a new installation everything worked fine.

drakaen391
    Participant

It might be a different port that’s used… For FTP and even SSL I usually recommend it’s on a dedicated IP on the router/modem and you connect using the IP and not a hostname…

Another option is if you on Windows or Linux is to map/mount it as a network Drive

vretro
    Participant

I was using the latest RetroPie download for Pi2 and Pi3.

Starting with the latest Raspian and manually installing RetroPie script seems to have solved my issues with connectivity reliability at this time.

The previous RetroPie installation was originally used on a Pi2 but had been updated to the latest system and the most recent binary install of RetroPie.

drakaen391
    Participant

[quote=119891]I was using the latest RetroPie download for Pi2 and Pi3.

Starting with the latest Raspian and manually installing RetroPie script seems to have solved my issues with connectivity reliability at this time.

The previous RetroPie installation was originally used on a Pi2 but had been updated to the latest system and the most recent binary install of RetroPie.

[/quote]

So did you just transfer the SD card from the pi2 to the pi3?

vretro
    Participant

The installation originated from a Pi2 Retropie image, which had been upgraded to the latest Raspian and RetroPie binaries before swapping over to a Pi3, then upgraded to the latest Raspian and RetroPie binaries again when booted from the Pi3.

pausuri
    Participant

Anyone has tried WiFi and Bluetooth services in a Rpi3 with the Retropie 3.6 Berryboot´s image??

I couldn’t make it work

vretro
    Participant

Wifi connectivity seems to be completely unreliable on Pi3.

Errors consist of:
    Host is down
    Could not resolve hostname, codename nor servname provided, or not known

It doesn’t seem to make a difference if I connect with a host name or ip address, after a few minutes the Pi seems to vanish from the local network.

senkun
    Participant

seems there’s a bug with wifi power management, goes to sleep and never wakes up.

iwconfig wlan0 power off fixes it until next reboot.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.