Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m a 30 plus guy having had a oric computer, zx Sinclair spectrum, amiga 500, nes, snes, n64 and all the playstation plus PC gaming and many an hour at the local arcade. The idea of the pi 2 retropie gaming where I can play all the retro games excities me. After watching many you tube vids I started set up the pi 2 all was going well until transferring the roms from my usb stick. I’ve put a few in the nes folder put back into the pi 2 but nothing is happening?

I have no exp in programming and would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction

Was doing it all last night went from being a kid before Xmas to a mood teen as nothing I try seem to work.

The usb stick I’m using is a 32gb sandisk ( cruzer blade )
    Pi 2 with 3.2 retropie
    A 8gb sandisk in the pi 2
    Got my ps3 controller and keyboard working

If anyone had the same problem or if anyone know what to do please can you help a game retro dreamer out thanxs

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did you change the rompath?

jerseywavesurfer
    Participant

I have just reinstalled everything and still it’s not seeing the usb stick followed you tube vid step up step aaaarrrrr whyyyy. what am I doing wrong hahaha I’m sure I get it sorted. Please if anyone can help

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did you edit the /etc/emulationstation/es_system.cfg
    And point the roms to the exact folder name for each system, ex. /media/usb0/snes I did this about a week ago on my first try and I’m not very good at all with command prompt stuff

jerseywavesurfer
    Participant

It’s working

Ok not sure what the problem was but after set up I expanded the sd card, over clocked etc. I now explanded the sd card again from the options screen and also try all the USB port with my usb stick. suddenly a lovely moment seeing the nes snes emu appear after reboot.

Thanks for the vid mate might try that another time for my ps/mame files.

Do you know of a link for optimizing each emu to get best performance? As trying to load up xenon 2 mega blaster (classic game a must play) but so far it start to load up title but screen was flicking, now when I try it’s only a red screen hmmmm will try to work on it tonight. I’ve not spit memory yet but seeing a few people say to do it (512?).

Thanks again for take the time to help

shoothere
    Participant

@jerseywavesurfer: Did you edit the es_systems.cfg? I am running into the same problem as you but cannot resolve it. Which emulator are you using for snes? I found the lr ones to not work. Glad you got it working though! I hope to soon say the same!

jerseywavesurfer
    Participant

Hi smoothere hope you got it up and running now as I feel your pain. If not this is what I did.

Formatted both my sd card and usb stick
    Download a fresh 3.2.1 retropie
    Installed it and followed you tube vids techtipsta, floob and others f4 typing part where you over clock, explanded the sd card. Rebooted but still no nes or snes emu was dishearten. After I changed the usb stick to other ports (now mine in the top right one) and re explanded my sd card, in the retropie options (no typing.) another reboot and eureka happyness returned to me as they appeared and worked. I did no editing and haven’t change any of the emu all on default. I hope this helps you out and good luck.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Zipped roms are tricky to get working, mame for example you have to also edit the

/opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all/mame.cfg

To also point the rompath to your usb, not very difficult, just an extra step, not sure about snes, I run those roms from my sd card,and just a quick note for you guys, running roms from your usb does not let you use the savestate function anymore since it’s trying to save to usb and the pi doesn’t have permission to save to usb, this is also easily fixed

Good luck

Anonymous
    Inactive

And as far as optimizing the emus, I have no clue, I haven’t had any issues with any of my games except for some n64 games, but I don’t believe there’s anything i can do about that, I too have not done memory split

jerseywavesurfer
    Participant

Thanxs for info on mame was trying to sort it out last night. Put 4 roms in but only 1 working (kicker). I will have a go trying to sort it out as so many classic games await shinobi, bubble bobble, city bomber to name a few.

Still no joy with the amiga, had not put kick start in yet just using preset. Again a lot of great games waiting.

After I get it all set up just have to find some time :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.