Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    smithers
    Participant

Hi.

I don’t think this is possible, but thought I’d ask anyway – is there a way to apply individual core settings per rom?

The reason I ask is that some PlayStation games look very nice and still play fine when the higher resolution graphics are applied via core-options, whereas others run quite bad with it applied. I would like a way to apply the high-res textures to the games that support it well and turn it off for others. Can I do this? If not, is it worth asking as a feature request? It doesn’t seem to be available via the retroarch.cfg file, but I’d be happy to be proved wrong!

Thanks.
    Steve

Floob

Ah – yes, I think.
    You can specify the file location of a different core setting file in the rom specific retroarch config file.
    Then simply have whatever settings you want in the new file.

This will only work in RC1.

I could do a video, although this is quite niche. I may get about 10 views! haha!

herbfargus

This would also be beneficial for msx/msx2 games with bluemsx as there are separate core options depending on which version of msx games you have.

smithers
    Participant

Ahh excellent, thanks Floob. I didn’t realise you could do this via the retroarch.cfg file, I thought the core options saved independently?

Floob

Yes, the core options save independently the retroarch.cfg file.

The retroarch.cfg specifies it here:
    core_options_path = /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-core-options.cfg

but this can be overridden in the rom specific config file to point to a different file.

smithers
    Participant

Excellent, thanks very much! :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.