Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Per game controller config in Retroarch

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Floob

Looks like there might be a per game controller (and any other retroarch) option soon.

http://blog.andressm.org/new-retroarch-features-2/

tipoto
    Participant

Actually with any retroarch emulators, you can already have 1 retroarch file per rom/game and so you can change buttons, ratio or anything you want per game, but I only managed to make it worked with the old way to launch the emulators with es_systems.cfg (not using “_SYS_”).

Here is my solution:

1) You need to create 1 config file per rom using this type of name “rom_name.zip.cfg” (for example arkanoid.zip.cfg) and put them into your roms folder (they have to be in the same folder as your roms)

2) You need to edit your es_systems.cfg by adding one flag into the line that launches your emulator (only emulators using retroarch of course).
    Here is the flag:
    –appendconfig %ROM%.cfg

A real example:
    /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 4 “/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-fba/fb_alpha_libretro.so –config /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg –appendconfig /opt/retropie/configs/EmulatorName/retroarch.cfg –appendconfig %ROM%.cfg %ROM%” “lr-fba”

It works on my rpi2!

By the way, anyone would know how to add an “–appendconfig” argument into the new _SYS_ command? I tried different formulations, but none of them workded.
    I guess we could slightly modify the runcommand.sh file to add a 5th argument in the launch command. In the end we would have something like this:
    /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 4 _SYS_ fba %ROM% /The/Path/I/Want/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.