Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey Guys,

I’m running retropie and I have my rpi hooked up to a PAL television. I’ve changed the runncommand parameter to 7 in es_systems.cfg, so I can play my nes roms just fine so long as they are the pal version of the rom (NTSC still runs but a bit jerky with some sound issues). Problem is I can’t figure out how to make emulationstation run in PAL resolution/colour nor do I know how to make the retropie bootup screens do so either. At the moment I can still see the emulationstation menu but it’s in black and white (as happens when sending an NTSC signal to a PAL tv), and the other problem is that since changing the NES emulator to run in PAL it ends up crashing, or at least losing display, when exiting a game, presumably because of switching video modes.

Any help?

bmoc
    Participant

Ok so I figured out I can uncomment the sdtv=2 line in the config.txt in the boot directory and that makes everything start up ok, phew! But I still have the problem that the display stuff up when I exit a game by pressing the escape key. Emulation station is still running, because if I press a button it will load another game just fine, but I can’t see anything.

When I was running on an NTSC capable screen I never had this problem. Is there anywhere to specifically set the video mode for emulationsation? Is it possibly reverting to the wrong video mode when I exit a game?

If anyone can solve this for me I will love you forever, I’m so close to having this thing running perfectly, this is the last hurdle!

bmoc
    Participant

Ok so I hooked this up to a display capable of all video modes, when exiting a game and going back to emulation station the display output is lost completely in PAL mode, comes back if a game is selected. Absolutely no problem with NTSC output. So there is definitely some kind of bug here. Any chance of someone looking at this?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.