Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tgilly
    Participant

All,

There are a number of topics here which discuss and explain the best configuration for each system but I can’t seem to find a general list.

Wouldn’t it be interesting to start creating a basic list (e.g. on the Wiki) containing the relevant information for the best results.

Something like :
    TYPE | SYSTEM | Preferred emulator | Specific config settings |
    Raspberry Pi2 | PSX | libretro-pcsx-rearmed | video_threaded = “true” rewind_enable = “false”

What do you think ?

dankcushions
    Participant

i think for the most part, once we’ve agreed all the best systems, that would just represent the default set up in retropie. right now i think it’s up for debate the best setup and config for each system, so i’m not sure there’s much agreement, yet :) eg, that video_threaded option isn’t the default in 3.0 final because it apparently can cause sync issues (i don’t know what this means, but that’s what i’ve been told)

this should become better as we go – there a few spreadsheets linked in these forums detailing what games work on what emulators/setups/etc. eventually we should get a good picture of what is the best general setup.

my setup is definitely quite a bit different from what came with my retropie build (3.0 beta 3). i’m happy with it but i’ve not explored all the options.

tgilly
    Participant

Totally agree ! It should eventually become the standard settings for RetroPie. The problem that I’m experiencing (only been using it a couple of months), is that the information is mostly found somewhere on this forum but not really categorized.

So see a lot of responses from you (Dankcushions) and Floob but it is not easy to find or maintain. If you would mind sharing your config files, I’ll be more then happy to check it out and perhaps create such an overview.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.