Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Video Output on RetroPie Output slightly to the left of television

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    drneroli
    Participant

I’m having a minor problem with the video output, it’s a few pixels too far to the left and the leftmost pixels are obscured, if that makes sense. It’s not a huge problem but in the command line bit it’s a problem, especially with the controller configuration. Is there a way to fix this or is it my television at fault?

It’s a Raspberry Pi 2 running the most recent Retro Pie version and it’s composite output

Floob

Check out the overscan info here:
    http://elinux.org/RPiconfig#Video

footwo
    Participant

It’s a Raspberry Pi 2 running the most recent Retro Pie version and it’s composite output

Oh man, have you got an actual CRT?

Anyways yeah, to add to what Floob has said, I believe you need to alter the various overscan values in /boot/config.txt

overscan_left	number of pixels to skip on left

overscan_right	number of pixels to skip on right

overscan_top	number of pixels to skip on top

overscan_bottom	number of pixels to skip on bottom

Tweak the values until the video output fits comfortably inside your display.

drneroli
    Participant

We’ve got a couple of CRTs, they still work fine and we see no reason to be rid of them, they’re late 80s/early 90s though so they don’t have all the fancy knobs the old ones have.

And yeah, doing the overscan left to 32 pixels worked perfectly, it looks just fine now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Video Output on RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.