Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project [Resolved] Original SNES Controller via usb adapter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    clockwork
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I’m encoutering problems with my snes controller !
    I’ve read a lot of threads about controller configuration but I can’t seem to find a solution to my problem.

I’m using a B+ model, everything works great with a wired Xbox360 controller.

I now want to use an original super nintendo controller with a usb adapter. I’ve plugged it in, set it up with emulationstation and everything works great… but not in game. Nothing responds.

What I’ve tried so far :

– Run retropie_setup.sh : When prompt to push the button to configure, nothing is recognized and I get a time out message.
    – Set the “input_player1_***_btn” lines in retroarch.cfg in /opt/retropie/configs/all/
    – Copy all these lines in the retroarch.cfg of the Snes emualtor.

Does anyone know why the controller works perfectly in emulation station but is not recognized in configuration or in game ?

Thanks in advance !

clockwork
    Participant

Ok figured it out !

I was letting the input_player1_joypad_index option to “0” but, because a Xbox Controller is already set up (even though not plugged in) I needed to set it to 1 !

May help some other people !

colebucket06
    Participant

If anyone still needs help resolving the issues associated with the Retrobit/Retrolink dual usb adapters for the original SNES controllers feel free to PM me or email me at colebucket06@gmail. There are a few things that need to be done to get this adapter working properly, but it will work. I will be working on a complete Instructables guide shortly for everyone else experiencing the same issues.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,
    Clockwork, how did you make the adapter to work? Any special driver? When I press the up in pad, it is not recognized… neither the left. I saw many posts with this issue with no solution.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.