Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    shosmeister
    Participant

Okay, before everyone jumps on the YOU CAN’T TALK ABOUT THAT HERE, let me clarify.

I own and currently have in my physical possession the hardware that I bought with my own money many years ago – and yes I paid way too much but oh well.

What I need to know is can I get those rom images out of there to use in a retroPi project? I’m really thinking about doing this but want to leverage as much of my own stuff as I can.

I own an Atari 800 – my original programming teacher; Atari 130xe, Color MAC (the 9″ model), and Pixar Mac.

The other question, related more to the Atari, is there a way to copy the cartridges that I have? Yes, I still have those as well that I paid for.

I did do some searching but probably not asking the question the right way.

Thanks!!!

Ow and I forgot, also have a PS2 and PS3 that I’d like to get – maybe.

herbfargus

There are a few devices that allow you to “dump” your cartridge to create a ROM but the video game companies will cry foul for dumping even if you own your own games as they cite it a violation of copyright to use a game copying device- that being said you can peruse Google for ROM dumping devices or some other variant.

Floob

Quite a few dumping topics on atariage.com – you could try there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.