Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I like to keep my games lists fairly uncluttered, so what I do is make a folder called “—ALL–>” in each console’s roms directory, and put most of the games in that folder. I’ll keep my favorites one level up in the root of the roms directory. This makes for a nice list of only 100 or so of my most played games, no duplicates, etc. in the initial view.

folder

Has anyone tried this with MAME roms? I know that some roms are dependent on others to run. Would it mess things up if these dependencies were in a subfolder? Or would MAME look in there?

I’m determined to get my MAME folder more organized. As of now I have the complete rom set of 2,306 games in the roms folder, which makes for an annoyingly long list of games. One thing I have been doing is adding a “-” to the beginning of the metadata name for each of my favorites. This at least puts them all at the top of the list. Not a perfect solution, but I guess it works.

gonzothegreat
    Participant

it would be even better if aloshie & nils could update, the subfolder options in emulation station to get gamelist.xml’s to work (when they get time….)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.