Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,
    i have idea for a new game to port menu. I think OpenTTD is very popular, lets try add it.

http://store.raspberrypi.com/projects/openttd

smithers
    Participant

Hi.

I have installed OpenTTD (via sudo apt-get install openttd ), however I can’t get it to run from the terminal – I receive an error message stating:

Error: Couldn’t find any suitable video driver

Does anyone know how to run this from command line so it can be implemented into Emulation Station?

I have tried using the runcommand script line in the normal manner (used for other ports), which, if I understand correctly, is a way to easily get access to the framebuffer, however when trying that it does not bring anything up at all, not even the error message?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.
    Steve

herbfargus

I think it needs x to run

smithers
    Participant

Doh! Typical. Although I am sure I have read that others have ran it from terminal? Maybe I need to build it from source rather than using debian package route? hmmm…

herbfargus

It’s possible, I could be wrong. Just from personal experience the vast majority of Linux games need some form of x to run.

tipoto
    Participant

Maybe I will say something completely stupid, but is it possible to make it run with x by using the xinit command from the terminal?

kemo87
    Participant

WOW…openTTD is now in experimental menu. Thanks guys..

herbfargus

Still needs graphics and sound plugins installed from the built in installer. I may look at automating those in the future, but at least it’s up and running for now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.